(Not more than three may be given in a year)
Deadline: March 1 of current year
A nominee must meet each of the following criteria:
- Has been an active member of IAHPERD and AAHPERD for a minimum of ten years,
and has made significant contributions to these organizations. (It is interpreted
that the last five years shall have been with continuous membership in both
associations and contributions shall have been made primarily through the
- Has been active in the profession for fifteen years. A minimum of ten years
service should have been in the State of Illinois.
- Has secured at least a master's degree in his/her field or demonstrate
evidence of professional growth.
- Has been actively involved beyond just membership in other professional
organizations such as School Health Association, NEA, IEA, IAPPHER, NAPEHE,
- Has served IAHPERD in a variety of leadership capacities.
- Has contributed significantly to conferences or conventions, programs at
the State level, and either at the Midwest District or National level.
- Has contributed to the literature through articles in professional literature.
Email all nominations to:
2013 Awards Chair