This award is to honor coordinators from Illinois who have been involved with
the Jump or Hoops for Heart event. The winner(s) will receive an AAHPERD and
IAHPERD membership for a year and registration to the state convention where
they will be honored in front of their peers. The winner(s) will be nominated for
the AAHPERD Coordinator of the Year Award.
Applicants must qualify in the following areas to apply.
1. Must be a current member of IAHPERD.
2. Must have been a coordinator for either or both the Jump or Hoops for
Heart event for the past five years.
1. Individuals can be nominated by themselves, AHA staff member, IAHPERD members or districts, or other individuals.
2. All applications must be typed and postmarked by the (Date) or sent bye-mail in Word form to the chairperson of
the State Jump and Hoops Committee.
3. Two letters of recommendations must accompany the application.
Included in the Application:
1. Describe the success of your program.
2. Creative or unique ideas that you have incorporated into your event(s).
3. Describe any survivor stories and any dedications that have been done during your event.
4. Describe any involvement with the event that involved the school, community, or state.
5. Describe any personal involvement with workshops, community, state or national levels.
Professional Affiliations/ Activities
1. Describe professional affiliations and activities (memberships, organizations, elected offices)
2. Describe any honors, awards that you have received relating to the Jump
or Hoops for Heart or HPERD organization.
The IAHPERD State Jump and Hoops committee will review all applications
and the applicants will be notified as to the winner(s).
Click here to download the Coordinator Award Form
All applications should be sent or e-mailed to:
1104 Westfield Drive
Champaign, IL 61821