IAHPERD Student Scholarship Information
Six scholarships will be awarded.
-One $2,000 scholarship and five $1,500 scholarships.
Your completed scholarship application must be submitted using this link: https://goo.gl/forms/Tn295KiXd5gg8L7C3
Application Submission Deadline: June 1, 2019
Applications must include in pdf format:
- The Student Information Form - Click here to make a copy of this form
- A copy of your most recent college/university transcript that displays your GPA (unofficial or official)
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which must be from a faculty member at your university.
IMPORTANT: Prepare all parts of your application before beginning the submission process. You must enter all of the information at one time.
You will be uploading 4 pdf files. The 4 files should be named as shown in this sample file list with "Yourlastname, Yourfirstname" replacing "Smith, Sally":
Smith, Sally Student Info
Smith, Sally Transcript
Smith, Sally Recommendation Faculty
Smith, Sally Recommendation 2
Applications that are incomplete/missing required components, do not conform to the guidelines, or are received after the submission deadline will not be considered.
Questions: Contact Scholarship Chair Caryn Putra at email@example.com
IAHPERD STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
In order to be eligible for an IAHPERD student scholarship, one must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student, with junior or senior status, majoring in health, physical education, recreation, and/or dance during the semester in which the scholarship is awarded (Fall 2019)
- Hold a current student membership in IAHPERD and remain current through the dissemination of the award.
- Attend a college or university in Illinois.
- Hold a cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Complete, and submit all required documents by the submission deadline
(See directions and application below)
In order to be eligible for an IAHPERD scholarship, one may:
- Have their home residence outside of Illinois.
- Have previously earned a Bachelor’s degree in a different major
- Have been a previous IAHPERD student scholarship recipient (maximum two times).
- Be a recipient of the top scholarship award only one time.