The Northeastern District of IAHPERD offers two scholarships each year. They are for $1,500 and $1,000 respectively. To be eligible, one must be a member of IAHPERD and be a full-time undergraduate student attending a college or university within the Northeastern District of the Association. Directions for completing an application is given below.
Directions for Filing for the IAHPERD Northeastern District Scholarship
3. Home address
4. Home phone and/or cell phone
5. E-mail address
6. College or university
7. College or university department chair
8. IAHPERD membership number
(call IAHPERD Executive Director if needed, 217-245-6413)
9. Major field of study
10. Minor (if any) field of study
11. Expected date for graduation
Page 2-3 (maximum)
- List any professional organizations of which you are a member—indicate the
extent of your involvement.
- List any extracurricular activities in which you have been involved at your
school, for the last 2 years. Indicate the extent of your involvement.
- List any community, church, or other organizations in which you have been
involved for the past 2 years. Include any volunteer projects that you may
- Indicate what your professional goal(s) are after graduation.
Also needed to complete the application:
- A transcript from your institution which includes the spring 2015 grades, mailed to Dr. Donald Scherrer. If any other college or university was attended previously, a transcript from that institution is needed also.
- Two letters of recommendation sent directly to Dr. Donald G. Scherrer,
or in sealed envelopes along with other materials that are being submitted.
- Send all materials by June 1st to:
Dr. Donald G. Scherrer
P.O. Box 1110
Arlington Heights, IL 60006