A voluntary program to recognize excellent health education programs.
All Illinois public, parochial and alternative schools.
Health :Grades 5-8, 9-12
- Do self evaluation using grade level Criteria. Download criteria here (IAHPERD Evaluative Criteria reflecting state and national professional standards and those of the Illinois State Board of Education.)
Why use the Criteria:
- The Criteria are to help teachers and/or administrators develop quality physical education and health programs.
- They have been designed for self study and self evaluation. Each grade level booklet provides a check list and includes a rating form.
- The Criteria Serves as a basis for recognizing excellent programs in all Illinois schools at all grade levels.
2. Complete the online application (apply here)
- (for a downloadable copy of the application, contact Marcia Berke at email@example.com)
- Application Deadline is February 1
3. Submit a check for $150.00 (to cover expenses of the program) made out to IAHPERD and letter of support by school's executive officer.
Recognition: If awarded, the Blue Ribbon school will receive:
- Blue Ribbon status valid for 5 years
- Blue Ribbon Plaque
- Certificate presented at school function
- Banner presented at IAHPERD awards banquet
- Program showcased in Illinois Journal
- Invitation to present at IAHPERD convention
Questions or comments?
Contact the Blue Ribbon Chair
Email Health Chair