Do you have an idea for your program that will greatly benefit your students but don't have the funds needed for equipment? Apply for an IAHPERD Program Enhancement Grant and you may get the money needed to get your program going. All IAHPERD members in good standing may apply for this grant. This is defined as having your membership current (paid) through the application and award period (the day your receive your check).
If awarded, you must claim your funds prior to the next application date. If a September 15th application receives funding, you have until February 15th to claim the funds. If a February 15th application receives funding, you have until September 15th to claim the funds. Any unclaimed funds will roll back into the Committee's budget.
Decisions on September application occur during the November Executive Board Meeting. Decisions on February applications occur during the April Executive Board meetings. Awardees are notified via e-mail the week following the board meeting.
Typical Grant awards range from $2,000 - $4,000. In order to be considered, please follow the guidlines below and click on the Program Enhancement Grant Application Info for more information.
Grants are awarded to multiple applicants and at two seperate times each school year. Only applications that follow the guidelines perfectly, will be used for consideration. So please make sure to follow the guidelines.
Program Enhancement Grant Application Guidelines
1. The Program Enhancement Grants are designed to provide funding for projects in one of six areas:
- Emergency needs of IAHPERD
- Advocacy projects
- Public relations projects
- Educational program enhancement
- Media events
- Short term loans
2. All IAHPERD members in good standing may apply for this grant.
3. The grant deadlines are Feb 15 and Sept 15.
4. A Program Enhancement Grant Review Committee reviews all grant applications and makes recommendations to the IAHPERD Executive Board. The Executive Board has final say on whether the grants are funded or disallowed.
5. To apply for a Program Enhancement Grant, submit:
- cover sheet containing applicant contact information,
- a brief statement explaining the purpose of the project and a justification for why IAHPERD should support it,
- an itemized and prioritized budget,
- and a justification statement for each item listed in the budget.
6. If the grant application is approved, all recipients must perform a post project presentation of outcomes to IAHPERD either through an article published in the IAHPERD Journal or by a presentation at the IAHPERD conference. Failure to do so will automatically exclude all applicants from future IAHPERD funding.
7. Submit applications via email to:
Dr. David Q. Thomas