IAHPERD’s Joint Project Committee works together with SHAPE America to help spread the word about the health. moves. minds. program and support all who participate. This program promotes social wellness in the schools AND allows schools to raise funds to purchase equipment for their Physical Education and Health classrooms, as well as the building’s other classrooms, if desired. Schools may, also, choose philanthropy as part of the fundraiser, donating part of the earnings to a 501(c)(3) of their choice.
The IAHPERD Joint Projects Committee consists of the following members:
Mark Foellmer (Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
Nik Broekemeier email@example.com
Andrew Kempen firstname.lastname@example.org
Katrina Haynes email@example.com
Ken Mansell firstname.lastname@example.org
Bo Phillips email@example.com
Kelly Zerby firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee members are available to answer any questions you may have and to work with schools that would like to become a Team Champion by setting up a fundraiser event.
health. moves. minds.
THE Fundraising Solution for Schools with an SEL Focus!
Inspire healthy habits, fuel active minds and teach your students
to thrive physically and emotionally!
health. moves. minds. combines the best of all worlds.
- Free social, emotional learning lesson plans for K - 12 students designed to meet specific national standards and GLOs.
- A fundraising option to help you earn money to purchase whatever you need to bring Quality PE and Skills-based Health to your students
- An opportunity to share your earnings with classroom teachers to encourage movement opportunities in classrooms which can, in turn, improve learning
- A philanthropic option to allow your students the opportunity to work towards helping others via a non-profit of your choice
- Support for both the state and national HPE organizations which advocate for, support and advance the goal of adequate funding and programming for ALL students to have access to Quality Physical Education and skills-based Health Education